CIJE Robotics League
CIJE initiated a VEX robotics tournament designed for Jewish schools. CIJE launched this endeavor because many VEX tournaments are on the Sabbath, which poses a conflict for our students and schools. CIJE schools want to participate in robotics and network with like-minded schools. CIJE recognized the need for a tournament that aligns with their values and allows Jewish schools to participate.
The CIJE Robotics League challenges Elementary (4-5), Middle (6-8), and High School students to work together to build a robot that will compete in a challenge. Schools participate either by running a Robotics class or forming an extracurricular Robotics Club. Students learn advanced programming, mechanical building, teamwork, and problem-solving. CIJE runs multiple tournaments throughout the year. The annual theme and challenge follow the official Vex Robotics Challenge.
Goals of the CIJE Robotics League
- Facilitate teamwork through authentic multidisciplinary tasks.
- Engage students in problem-solving.
- Encourage learning through trial and error.
- Hands-on experience in mechanical building.
- Elementary School: We recommend a team of 2-3 students.
- Middle School: We recommend a team of 2-3 students.
- High School: We recommend a team of 5-7 students.
- CIJE plans regular inter-school tournaments throughout the year for students to compete.
- Middle School has additional options for boys-only and girls-only accommodations.
- High School Tournaments take place only in the NY/NJ area.
Apply Here for the 2023-2024 season.
Questions: Please contact Adam Jerozolim at [email protected]